ROVING VACCINE CLINIC 17th August
The Roving Van will be at Hexham Leisure centre car park on Wednesday 17th August 10-5pm, for eligible patients. Walk in, no appointment needed.
Vaccinations for Children:
If you need to update your Covid vaccinations because you have moved from Scotland or other countries, you should contact the Vaccination Data Resolution Service by calling 119.
Beware of COVID Pass Scams - due to the increasing demand felt across the NHS a number of fake websites are claiming to sell COVID passes. Please be aware that:
The NHS App is free
the NHS COVID PASS is FREE
The NHS will NEVER ask for payment or financial details.
You must not attend an appointment at this practice if you have had a positive lateral flow test in the last 10 days
Patients with symptoms of Covid-19 or other potentially infectious diseases – e.g. Cough, cold, sore throat, high fever, snotty nose, diarrhoea, vomiting.
- The GP practice has many vulnerable/immunosuppressed patients visiting. Please do not come into the surgery with these symptoms without an appointment.
- Public Health guidance is to self isolate for a minimum of 5 days with these upper airway symptoms. Guidance also recommends isolating for 48 hours after diarrhoea/vomiting symptoms have settled.
- Please rearrange any prebooked appointments until your symptoms are settling or you are at least 10 days from the onset.
- When requesting an appointment with these symptoms present, please arrange a telephone appointment first. A face to face appointment can then be arranged if required.
Patients with a positive Covid-19 PCR or Lateral Flow Test
- Please do not visit the practice or come for a face to face appointment until you are at least 10 days post test and your symptoms are settling.
- Any need for GP advice should be done by phone initially in the first 10 days following a positive test.
- To protect our staff and our vulnerable patients we would like you to continue wearing face masks throughout a visit to the practice for an appointment.
- This advice will be reviewed when circulating infectious diseases diminish sufficiently.
We thank you for adhering to the following principles for ALL infectious diseases including Covid-19
Isolation during the acute phase
Most fit and healthy people will recover from the virus reasonably quickly and without medical intervention. However, if during that isolation period you become very unwell please contact NHS111 who will arrange for you to be treated either in hospital or at home.
Use this link for latest Coronavirus advice